Here. In My Head

Learning to get back to me...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

ramblings



"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars,
And whether or not it is clear to you,
The universe is unfolding as it should."


Sometimes, I try to remember those words. Things happen for a reason, and
regardless of how much we think we can't take at the time, we sometimes
surprise ourselves. Don't get me wrong, life is going pretty well, all things considering. My husband and I just moved to a new state, and we have a great place (well, all places here are ten times nicer than Huntington). Anyway, he is doing very well with his new job, although he sometimes comes home very exhausted and frustrated from certain things that have happened during work. Overall, we're doing better than we ever have, and it's a good feeling. Aside from that, however, I feel like I'm in a rut. I had to quit my job in Huntington (a job I actually enjoyed), and now I can't seem to find one! I have a degree in counseling, but I'm finding myself wishing I had stuck with education. So, in order to remedy this, I plan to start an online masters in the spring in special ed. I do hope I do alright on that damned GRE. Why oh why do those tests have to be so rediculously difficult?! I mean, c'mon! Who is ever going to use the words they use or the math on that test? Ugh...Well, anyway, I do hope and pray to find a job soon. I tried to get a couple of jobs doing retail, but I was turned down because I apparently was "overqualified." So, how about that? I can't even get a job a highschooler could get. Balls. Actually, I thought I was doing well on my Gap interview when the woman interviewing me asked me to sell her what I had on. It went something like this: "Well, I have this..uh...shirt on. It's a blue striped shirt...and..ugh...black gouchos...with....black sandals?" I was so completely floored by this question because I don't know how to sell clothes. Hell, I don't pay attention to what I have on most of the time. My favorite moment from the interview was when she asked me what accesseries would go with my outfit, and I replied "Well *long pause* I have this necklace on." HA! It occurred to me that I didn't really want the job anyway. The pay was lousy and it was all weekends. Balls to that. Besides, I couldn't see myself lying to the people who would be asking me if they looked fat in thier outfit because if you have to ask it, you do. That's all for now. Later. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the blog world!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home